The Manthorpe 5in Core Drill Vent G900 is designed for use when ventilating a gas appliance, but can also be used for general through wall ventilation.
- For use when ventilating a gas appliance, but can also be used for general through wall ventilation
- The kit includes a cowl vent for exterior use, a louvre grille for interior use, a 350mm length of pipe duct and an optional anti-draught baffle which reduces the airflow and also the feel of draught through the vent
- The external cowl minimises uncomfortable draughts, reduces noise and light from outside the property and acts as a barrier against wind driven rain whilst providing a free area of 10,000mm²
- The Louvre fits on the internal wall and similarly to the cowl, reduces draughts, noise and light penetration, while providing a free area of 10,000mm², it is only available in white
- With the anti-draught baffle installed the effective free area of the vent is reduced to 7,000mm2 providing enough ventilation for an appliance with an input rating of 21kW or 71,5000 Btu/h
- Without the use of the anti-draught baffle the free area of the vent is 10,000m2, enough to supply an appliance with a rated input of 27kW or 92,000 Btu/h in accordance with BS5440 Pt 2:
- For situations where the total wall thickness exceeds 350mm, a 1000mm pipe can be purchased